Friday, March 26, 2010

...art vs. design...

Today Eanna gave a presentation on The relation between Art & Design. We had a bit of a discussion later. It seems difficult to draw ultimate conclusions in this subject.

I have a weird, not really defined attitude to art. I have been called artist before in my life, yet I'm still not sure if I like this 'tag'. Art seems to be something that I aspire to and, at the same time, laugh at :-)

I think design needs to be more user aware. Art is often allowed to be ignorant towards audience. Whether it should be like this? I have no idea.

One thing I know for sure: design can be art! Just look at this, this, this or this :-) Pretty, aren't they?

As I like to show what smarter then me people have to say, I recommend watching TED talk by Paolla Antonelli. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment