Wednesday, February 17, 2010

...mobility...

Mobility is an interesting subject in design and computing. However, it is not particularly related to my Litefoot-based project. 1.76 meter square and 10 centimetres high piece of the interactive floor doesn't seem to fit well into the concept of 'mobility' but one thing that comes to my mind. If we imagine Litefoot floor as a part of equipment of performance centres, there could be a possibility of travelling just with software - designed to display e.g. particular visual effects. If we compare travelling with software to the situations where performers travel with their own decorations, it could be just another way of doing things. I am aware that it sounds like wishful futuristic predictions... but you never know.

Here is a mind map in which I tried to capture interesting for me aspects of mobility




No comments:

Post a Comment